Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Top 100 Science Fiction Books

Found this website via Digg.com. It ranks the 100 top science fiction books which they say ' you just have to read'. I have only just gotten into the whole SF genre in the last few years, and can't really count that many that i have read in the list. But being a huge fan of Frank Herbert, I'm glad to see Dune rank quite high. Some of the other authors I have read are also on the list (although lower) like CJ Cherryh, Jules Vernes, Ursula LeGuinn and John Wyndham.

Obviously, favourites like Arthur C. Clarke and Asimov would top the list.

I've listed the top 10 here, for the full list you can check out the
site.

  1. Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke



  2. Foundation by Isaac Asimov



  3. Dune by Frank Herbert



  4. Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick



  5. Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein



  6. Valis by Philip K. Dick



  7. Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley



  8. Gateway by Frederick Pohl



  9. Space Merchants by C.M. Kornbluth & Frederick Pohl



  10. Earth Abides by George R. Stewart

8 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hi Simon, Fellow Book Lover,
My name is Carol and I am the conductor of the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band.
I choose friendless sites to feature every Friendly Friday.
You are part of the band march this week.
Being a "friendless site" only means that someone thinks your blog
doesn’t get enough comments and wants you singled out to get more attention.
I hope you will come play along.

1:11 am  
Blogger won tong said...

HI SIMON I'M WITH THE FFMB WELCOME ABOARD...I PLAY THE POTS AND PANS AND WE HAVE A FABULOUS CONDUCTOR...GREAT BLOG.

3:02 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Simon,
Would you like to join the band? If you do, visit my blog for more info.

2:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm from the FFMB! Nice site. I'm also a fellow digger, so even more cool!

10:48 pm  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Stoping by in the band practice! What a great list of books.

7:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Here from the FFMB. I enjoy blogs that feature book reviews. You have an interesting collection of books.

11:16 am  
Blogger Yoong Family said...

hmm, thanks guys... do you guys have a webring or something like that going on...? :)

8:32 am  
Blogger Carol said...

No webring, Simon, just a band of friendly bloggers.

1:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home